Saturday, September 27, 2008

So, Wait...Who Won The Debate?

One of my favorite things about Presidential and Vice Presidential debates are the inevitable discussions that take place on every website, cable news show and newspaper column about "who won." It's a lot like ESPN's NFL Pregame show on Sunday mornings, because people try to draw wild conclusions from a really limited amount of evidence.

In tonight's case, as in most of them, there isn't a clear winner in the debate. There, I said it. No matter what CNN, Fox News, Drudge, Huffington Post or whomever tells you, nobody won and nobody lost this debate. I will say that I thought it was one of the more informative debates that I've seen in a while and I was impressed with each candidate's willingness to openly go after the other. Good stuff, but nobody won or lost the election tonight.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I unfortunately didn't see it, but from every source I've been reading from, it sounds like it was at the very least good political theatre for Poli Sci major nerds like me.